Monday, April 4, 2011

Easter Choo-Choo Express



I finally entered one of Dustin Pike's challenges!! The first one I missed cause I was overwhelmed with making birthday cards. The second one I just missed entering my baby shower card and gift box by only 20 minutes :(. So I am over the moon that I made this one! I created this train for Pike's Playground with the challenge being "Anything But A Card with an Easter Theme". All images are from Doodle Dragon Studios and colored with Prismacolor pencils. Here are some close ups of each piece...








I had a lot of fun making this 3d train its going to look great on my table Easter morning. For now I'm putting this up somewhere high cause my 2 year old son loves to play with it! It won't stand a change of surviving if he realizes there is chocolate inside!!

Thanks for checking out my first 3d project I hope you love it as much as I do!

13 comments:

  1. This is amazing!! Great job!! I love it! Will you make one for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW GIRL!!! This is sooooo cool! I love the bottlecap on the engine, and the little passengers, and the colors - ohgosh too cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea. I love the train and in 3D. Next time you should put chocolate inside everything is better with chocolate. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So i gotta know...i get the making the boxcars..that would be easier to create..but the engine? How did you make that file? Holy Crap! This is amazing! I am glad you were able to enter this...fantastic!! Thaks for joining us at the playground on Dustins blog. Be sure and email him for Pike's Points!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, this is OTT fabby! I just finished coloring the images so you've given me lots of inspiration! Awesome 3D project but lots of work! Fantastic job! Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    DDS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! No file for the engine...its a toilet paper roll cut down to size. I capped the ends and made a mini box with tabs that inserted into the top (lol if that makes sense). It took the creative thinking of both my and the dh to figure it out. We make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! Thanks for the fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!!!!! OTT creative... I agree with all the comments previous.. Just totally awesome!
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would to make another one I just need another week or two to recover from this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Choo choo to you!! What a wonderful piece of work. Thanks for joining us in the playground ~ Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I choo choo choose you...lol...LOVE this, thanks for joining us at DDS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. FYI...

    my 5yo stole a paper towel tube from the recycle bin and TOLD me we NEED to make one of these trains for her too, LOL!! Gosh too funny! Look at what you started, ROFL!

    Again, this is such an amazing project, wow!
    CONGRATS on the Pike's Pick!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going back through Dustin's blog and saw your train. It is incredible! I'll have to keep this in mind for next year. My granddaughters will love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and any questions I would be happy to answer!!