Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Back to Basics VSN Challenge

I'm behind on everything! Between my energetic 3 year old and some light remodeling on the house I've been pretty busy lately. Back To School Virtual Stamp Night over at Splitcoaststampers was over a week ago. I fought thru a bad cold to get samples made for most of the challenges but then I was hit again with a nasty sinus infection the week of VSN. So needless to say I never got my cards blogged or even posted on SCS. I still want to share my cards so without further ado...

The challenge I hosted was Back to Basics. Everyone was challenged to use something that starts with A, B and C like image, color, embellishment. I made 2 cards one fall and one christmas themed.


For the fall card my abc's were- A- Autumn, B- Bear and C- Colored pencils. 

My image is from Doodle Dragon Studios. It's colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with baby oil. The background is from The Paper Studio's All Season's paper pack. I aged the image and paper with Tea Dye distress ink and ran my scissors along the edge to tear it up a bit.


For this card my abc's are- A- Animal, B- Blue and C- Christmas.

I dug thru my scraps for this card and hit the jackpot. The blue snowflake strip on the left was already embossed and edged with blue ink. Also the glittered strip on the bottom was already punched and was the perfect fit! All I had to do was color my Doodle Dragon Studios image and ran it thru my Silhouette. For the background I used Paris Dusk Momento ink to edge and then stamp the snowflakes.

One down... Several more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and any questions I'd be happy to answer!!