Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Little Something Gift Box Tutorial






I made this gift box for Tony's cousin. Him and his wife have a little boy on the way. 

I love making this box. It's so quick and simple to make. The overall size is 4 1/2" x 7" x 2" 

My image is from Doodle Dragon Studio. 











The supplies I used...
     2 Sheets of Cardstock
          1- 8 1/2" x 11"
          1- 8 1/2" x 10 7/8"
     Image & Sentiment
     Corner Punch
     Ink (For Accent)
     Ribbon
     Glue
     Extra Cardstock


Top: 8 1/2" x 11"
Score at 2" on all 4 sides.
Cut on both long edges.
Glue together.


Bottom: 8 1/2" x 10 7/8"
Score at 2" on all 4 sides.
Cut on both long edges.
Glue together.




Inside of finished box:

To give them a little extra strength I cut a piece of cardstock to fit inside and glued it in place.








To finish off the outside of the box I ran the Colorbox (Surf) ink pad around the edges of the top. Attached my image and my sentiment. I used the Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass) on the edge of the image and sentiment. Put the box together and tied a ribbon around to hold it closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and any questions I would be happy to answer!!