Saturday, November 12, 2011

Winter Wonderland VSN - Get Out The Salt


Challenge #6 is "Get Out The Salt" the challenge is to use the Salted Background technique. 

I really loved this technique! I think my results were great for a first try and I'm excited to try it again. I didn't have glossy cardstock so I used Glossy Photo paper instead.

The first thing I did was clear emboss the trees then I used Distress Inks for the sky. I used regular and coarse sea salt. I let it dry naturally then cleaned off the salt. The trees didn't show up to well so I stamped over them with Colorbox Evergreen ink then cleaned off the excess. This gave a cute snow covered effect. The snowflake stamps on the edge are from Recollections.

The blue background paper was misted with Shimmer spray. Added ribbon, punched snowflake and a little bling to the snowflake to finish it off.

Here is a direct link to the challenge if you would like to check it out. Get Out The Salt

1 comment:

  1. That is the coolest technique! I've never heard of it but I really like the results and may have to give it a try myself. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and any questions I would be happy to answer!!