Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

I have a couple firsts here: First time making a criss cross card...First time doing a Spotlight Technique...and my First sale!! I made these 3 cards for a friend of my uncle that I made the Mother Bird card for. All 3 came out beautiful!!


I love the criss cross card! I will definitely being making more of these in the future! My roses are from Dustin Pike and are colored with Prismacolor pencils using baby oil to blend.


This one I used the Spotlight Technique but I really don't like the idea of leaving the background all black and white so instead I left the background lighter so it had a faded look. The fence, grass and birds are all colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with baby oil. The sky was watercolored using stamp ink...it took a long time but was well worth it!!


This card was made with the same image and technique as the first one. The picture below shows how I popped the roses on both cards.


I will be back tomorrow with the cards I made for my mom and all the grandmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and any questions I would be happy to answer!!