Wednesday, May 25, 2011

VSN Cards

These cards were all made for the Pirate Party Mini VSN at Splitcoaststampers. I had the honor of creating a challenge for the main event, I'll post those later. This was my first time playing and first time hosting. I had a blast and can't wait until the next one!! I gotta add that the biggest challenge of VSN is creating a card in 45 minutes or less!!

For this card the challenge was to use fabric. I used this cut off left over from recovering my office chair. I stamped the skull and crossbones then went over it with stickles. The image is from Doodle Dragon Studios and colored with Prismacolor pencils. I used baby oil to blend but only on the necessary parts cause I was running out of time!


This card was a sketch challenge. Image is also from Doodle Dragon Studios and was colored with Prismacolor pencils. 


This one was a color challenge. Use Yellow, Orange, Green and a splash of Blue. The challenge was named Pretty Bird...I was pretty proud of myself for working that into the card!! Image is from Doodle Dragon Studios. Colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended quickly with baby oil.


Now this one was really out of my element. It was a photo inspiration challenge. I sponged the sky, ran a distress ink pad over the bottom for the sand, I drew and cut out the umbrella and beer bottles, then hand wrote the sentiment.


The last one was a challenge to use wood. Be it actual wood, woodgrain or an image with wood in it. I chose a wooden boat. I used baby wipes and ink to create the soft sky and water background. The image is yet again Doodle Dragon Studios! I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and used a black gel pen for the ropes.


Whew!! That was a long one!! Just wait for the main event ones!! I will probably have to break those up a bit. Now if you will excuse me I have a ton of laundry waiting for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and any questions I would be happy to answer!!